Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Creating My First Cross Stitch Heirloom

I started cross stitching about twenty years ago and have been in love in the craft ever since. Needing a picture for my kitchen I spotted this kit called "Willowware Classic" by Bucilla at a local craft store.

I did not know a thing about cross stitching before I took on this project. Several months after I completed it I entered it at a local craft fair competition and won a "Best of the Show" ribbon.

From this my first completed project I developed my interest in picture framing which led me to become a professional picture framer.

Over the years I have worked on many more projects, some of which are proudly displayed in my home and others that I had given away as gifts to family members.

I will be showing more of my completed projects in future blogs. Each of my projects are beautifully framed and have their own unique stories.


Thank for visiting. 

Elsie

2 comments:

  1. Hello Elsie,
    congratulations with this wonderful work!
    I like the design very much.
    Happy stitching, Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'll be adding more of my cross stitch work along with my framing projects soon.

      Delete